Dragonchain was originally developed at Disney’s Seattle office in 2015 and 2016 as the Disney Private Blockchain Platform. Over 20 use cases and applications were explored and documented publicly via the W3C community Group. The platform was later released as open source software under the Apache 2 license in October of 2016.
Dragonchain simplifies the integration of real business applications on a blockchain and provides features such as easy integration, protection of business data and operations, currency agnosticism, and multi-currency support.
The Dragonchain Foundation, a Non-Profit Corporation was created in January of 2017 to maintain ownership and responsibility of the open source code.
The Dragonchain team is now in the process of launching a commercial entity to build a serverless architecture blockchain platform. The combination of serverless and blockchain technologies is unique and tremendously valuable. The timing of the Dragonchain platform launch is highly strategic to benefit from explosive growth of cloud computing over the last few years and the emerging wave of Blockchain solutions entering proof of concept stage across enterprises.
The Dragonchain team will launch Dragonchain, Inc., as a commercial entity to provide an array of products and services to the community. Our vision supports areas of the market that are underserved with strong demand and projected growth in the blockchain industry ($7.7b by 2024) across an array of multi-billion dollar sectors such as Arts, Wine, Automotive, Legal, Digital Marketing, etc. These sectors and more will experience market disruption with blockchain capabilities shifting the value proposition into decentralized environments. Dragonchain platform will support these needs.
Dragonchain provides a commercial platform for application developers to rapidly and securely deploy Blockchain applications while maintaining existing language development environments (e.g. Java, Python, Node, C#, Go); a tremendous costing and speed to market advantage. The Dragonchain architecture is also designed to allow nodes to handle approval of transactions based upon five levels of network consensus to provide a spectrum of trust to data consumers; a level of security and flexibility unseen in the market by current blockchain solution providers. These design attributes position Dragonchain for exponential growth.
In addition, Dragonchain will provide project incubation as well as professional services with strategic partnerships to develop successful tokenization ecosystems focusing on long term value.
A Turnkey Blockchain Platform for Business
- Serverless system and smart contracts
- Established language support for smart contracts (Java, Python, Node, C#, Go, etc.)
- Scalable – Amazon AWS and Google deployments
- Secure – Protection of business data and operations
- Advanced currency implementations
- Smart contract libraries
- Currency Agnostic
- Lower development cost via existing development languages
- Faster speed to market
- Significantly higher levels of security with proprietary architecture
- Higher scalability with proprietary architecture
- Standard processes for the incubation of blockchain startups and new integrations
- Direct access to legal, technical, marketing, and economic subject matter experts as partners for advice and support
- Direct support from Dragonchain platform team
- Higher success rate for launch with data driven insights
- Expedited launch cycles
- Sustainable token marketplaces
Token Name: Dragon
Ticker symbol: DRGN
Country of origin: USA
Website link: https://dragonchain.com/tokensale
Token Sale Summary Deck: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/10Zhvs4R7cJqUvv7Q5h1gLHr7R6i0Wo59nXGTPED3nPg/edit?usp=sharing
Business Summary Document: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1usy0W0y64Y_9bLjN7uZmm86RIxILB-D_6ThvlIxaeTg/edit?usp=sharing
Architecture/technical Document: https://dragonchain.github.io/doc/DragonchainArchitecture.pdf
Slack: https://dragonchain.slack.com/ Join now!
Dragons public sale will begin on October 2, 2017.
Start: October 2 – 8:00 AM US PDT (UTC-7)
End: November 2 – 5:00 PM US PDT (UTC-7)
Please watch the token sale page for further information – https://dragonchain.com/tokensale
Token supply: 433,494,437 Dragons
55% will be distributed to public sale contributors proportionately per contribution.
20% will be distributed to team members. All Dragons issued to team members will be distributed monthly over a two year period.
10% will be distributed to the Dragonchain Foundation for development and support of the open source codebase and to fund programs for developer adoption and training.
10% will be distributed to Dragonchain Inc. for inclusion in Dragonchain reserves.
5% will be distributed to DragonFund incubator for Dragonchain platform support licensing.
- A Dragon is a tokenized micro-license (PATENT PENDING) for interaction with Dragonchain commercial platform services.
- A Dragon captures legal guidance regarding US Securities law.
Token Supply Capped*
- A cap of 433,494,437 Dragons will be created during the token sale event.
Strategy & Vision
- Joe Roets: CEO / Chief Architect – Disney, Lockheed Martin, FBI, DoD
- George Sarhanis: Chief Business Officer
- Scott Warner – Garvey Schubert Barer, Seattle WA USA
- Chelsea Anderson – Garvey Schubert Barer, Seattle WA USA
- Rayan Goutay, Regulatory Advisory/Counsel London
- Siam Kazi – Financial Controller & Analyst
- Strategic Partners / Incubator
- Benjamin Israelson: Commercial Lead
- Brandon Kite: Open Source Lead
- +6 Development Staff Committed
- Sabrina Gasson, US/Europe
- Chin-One Chan, Asia
- Lewis McMurran, Government and Partnerships